DUMFRIES-GALLOWAY-L Archives

Archiver > DUMFRIES-GALLOWAY > 1999-06 > 0928890748

From: MacGregor Grierson <>
Subject: SAMUEL GRIERSON & MARGARET BELL UNDERWOOD family
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 1999 20:12:28 -0500

--------------------------
Name: Robyn England
E-mail:
Comment:
My Grierson ancestors are from Michigan and Ontario. Would love
to speak with any of you who may be related.
--------------------------

Hello listers:

I have just been contacted by a family group of researchers in the
state of Michigan USA and Nova Scotia, Canada--all of which are working on
the Grierson family of Samuel Grierson, b. March 18th, 1798, Priestside,
Ruthwell, Dumfriesshire, Scotland; died January 8th, 1855, Ruthwell,
Dumfriesshire, Scotland--all though they may not have this present
information as yet.

They are apparently stuck at William [Thomas] Grierson, b. 23rd
July 1829, [their second son] in the village of Ruthwell in the shire of
Dumfries, Scotland. "He was born to Samuel and Margaret (Underwood)
Grierson. He came to America in 1852. He was married 31st March 1854, in
Ogdensburg, Ontario, to Charlotte Anne Blacklock."

Grierson World Project & Information Exchange is located at
http://www.tqci.net/~dagrierson/ and is a One-Name Study, now eleven years
in the running.

I would appreciate any Pictures of old Griersons, Wills, letters or other
items that may be of help in identifying family members or preserving
information on our various families for future posterity.

Catagories of Grierson are:

Grierson, Grier, Greer, McGreer, & O'Greer.

This thread: