DUMFRIES-GALLOWAY-L Archives

Archiver > DUMFRIES-GALLOWAY > 2005-10 > 1128799931

From: Wayne Hannay <>
Subject: Wigtownshire BMD'S FROM WFP 6TH JANUARY, 1848
Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2005 12:32:11 -0700

BMD'S FROM WFP 6TH JANUARY, 1848

> BIRTHS
>
> WEIR, Female - B1/1/1848 - At Neptune Street, Stranraer, on the 1st inst.,
> Mrs Gavin Weir, of a daughter.
> RANKINE, Male - B4/1/1848 - At Stoneykirk Road, Stranraer, on the 4th
> inst., Mrs Thomas Rankine, of a son.
> LAIDLAW, Male - B28/12/1847 - At Fisherton Manse, on the 28th ult., Mrs
> Laidlaw, of a son
> BEGG, Male - B31/12/1847 - At Falkirk Manse, on the 31st ult., Mrs Begg,
> of a son.
> BROWN, Female - B25/12/1847 - At Girvan, on the 25th ult., Mrs Andrew
> Brown, ship builder, of a daughter.
>
> MARRIAGES
>
> M'CHLERY, Alex. - M4/1/1848 - At Glenluce, on the 4th instant, by the Rev.
> James Pullar, Mr Alex. M'Chlery, Borland, to Isabella Taylor, shopkeeper,
> widow of the late Mr Gordon M'Cracken.
> DICK, Robert - M21/12/1847 - At Borland, on the 21st ult., by the Rev. R.
> Wallace, Robert Dick, Esq., Dalrymple, to Mary, fourth daughter of Mr
> James Clement, farmer, Borland.
> FERGUSSON, John - M21/12/1847 - At Girvan, on the 21st ult., Mr John
> Fergusson, currier and leather merchant, to Agnes, second daughter of Mr
> Robert M'Kinnie.
> ROSS, Hugh - M24/12/1847 - At Gauchland Toll, near Galston, on the 24th
> ult., Hugh Ross, shoemaker, Ballantrae, to Ann, third daughter of Mr
> Matthew Sillars there.
>
> DEATHS
>
> CALDWELL, Patrick M'Kennal - D17/12/1847 - At Dublin, on the 17th ult.,
> Patrick M'Kennal Caldwell, Esq., of the General Post Office there.
> HANNAH, James - D1/7/1847 - Drowned, at Raymond Terrace, New South Wales,
> on 1st July, 1847, aged 47 years, James Hannah, engineer, son of the late
> James Hannah, Lochans Mills, Wigtownshire. Friends will please accept of
> this notification.
> WRIGHT, Mrs - D31/12/1847 - At Shallochpark, Girvan, on the 31st ultimo,
> Mrs Wright, relict of the late Mr R. Wright, Shallochpark.
> BYRDEN, Rev. John - D28/12/1847 - At Fenwickland, near Ayr, on the 28th
> ultimo, the Rev. John Bryden, last surviving son of the late Mr David
> Bryden, merchant, Ayr.
> MURRAY, John - D22/12/1847 - At Dailly, on the 22d ultimo, Mr John Murray,
> late farmer in Drummock, in the 87th yer of his age.
> GALLOWAY, William - D24/12/1847 - At Portwilliam, on the 24th ultimo, of
> fever, William Galloway, slater, aged (6)0

[WFP: Wigtownshire Free Press Newspaper published since 1843]

County of Wigtownshire S/W Scotland: http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/sct/WIG/

Previously posted WFP Announcements can be found on the
Wigtownshire Pages at:
http://freepages.history.rootsweb.com/~leighann/wfp/intro.html

The Wigtownshire Pages gladly hosts the transcriptions of the Wigtownshire
Free Press notices; the results of the tireless efforts of Diana Henry and
Randy Chapple.

[Hopefully these transcribed records may help some early family researchers
however I personally can offer no further information]

[Permission to forward without notice is granted]

b = born
m = married
d = died

inst = instant - this month