DUMFRIES-GALLOWAY-L Archives

Archiver > DUMFRIES-GALLOWAY > 2006-01 > 1136873579

From: "" <>
Subject: Fw: [BORDER] Help a Newbie with yur Roll Call
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 16:12:59 +1000

This was posted to the Border List, can we also do a ROLL CALL for Dumfries?
Fiona
Down Under
Researching - KENNEDY, COWAN, HOGG, MCBRYDE, NICHOLSON, KIRK, RIDDLE,
BRADLEY, GARLAND from Dumfrieshire
GRIERSON from Kirkcudbright
MCKENZIE from Ireland

The New Year always heralds new people anxoius to trace thier roots and
this
list is particularly good at helping newbies and all searching for info.
We
look forward to the 1851 census coming online with Scotlands People
sometime
in January and the 1841 in February. Ancestry.com has good info for Englidh
and Welsh conections but beaware that transcribing is not so good. I have
one
relative whose relationship was transcibed as Hegimall which actually was
illegitimate.

Roll Calls area always good to start a New Year and gives new listers the
opportunity to jump in and post questions.

Best wishes

List Admin