DUNCAN-L Archives

Archiver > DUNCAN > 2012-10 > 1349222839

From: ,
Subject: Re: [DUNCAN] Clark Duncan Pittsburgh Pa.--Souix Link-Thomas Duncan
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2012 00:07:19 -0000

Author: geaneal1
Surnames:
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.duncan/1155.1.1/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

Hi Rebecca,

I know that your post is from 2001 but from time to time I check genealogy records on family surnames to see if any new info has surfaced. I did recently find that my great grandfather Clark J. Duncan's father was Alexander Duncan and his mother's maiden name was Catherine Uncapher. Here is the link to the record:

http://files.usgwarchives.net/pa/cambria/bios/wiley/duncan-clark-j.txt

I am the granddaughter of Ruby Duncan Geddes, one of CJ's daughters. I believe she was the oldest.

I was completely unaware of a Souix link. How interesting? I would really like to know if you have found any info on this. My father was secretive about CJ and told me very little about him other than he worked at a number of different things in his life. I found out through my search that he was involved in the lumber business, built the Windber Hotel, and ran a wholesale liquor business, just to name a few of his endeavors. He died long before I was born so I never got to meet him.

Regards,

Linda Geddes Olenik

Important Note: