DUNLOP-L Archives

Archiver > DUNLOP > 2010-03 > 1267715876

From: ,
Subject: [DUNLOP] Officer Robert DUNLOP - Kansas City, MO - June 1893
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2010 15:17:56 -0000

Author: JohnWOBrien
Surnames: DUNLOP, MOORE
Classification: biography

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.dunlop/429/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

"The Kansas City Star" (Missouri) Friday, June 16, 1893

TRAVEL AT THE JUNCTION.

Policeman Robert DUNLOP, the big officer who stands at the Delaware street side of the Junction, kept account of the pedestrians and vehicles passing that point this morning between 8 and 9 o'clock. Here is the result for the hour:

Cable cars ........... 108

Teams and wagons ...... 300

Pedestrians .........2,411

Bicycles ........... 10

Questions answered ...... 28

Officer DUNLOP thinks the hour between 8 and 9 o'clock is an average one for travel at the Junction. Upon that basis the figures for twelve hours would be:

Cable cars ........... 1,296

Teams and wagons ...... 3,600

Pedestrians .........28,932

Bicycles ........... 120

Questions answered ...... 276

This does not include travel on the east side of Main street, from the Junction to the east side of Main or to the west side of Delaware, but between the west side of Main street and the Junction.

additional info from Officer DUNLOP's death certificate:
born; 13 June 1853, Londonderry, Ireland
died: 24 August 1913, Kansas City, MO,
father: Robert DUNLOP, born Londonderry
mother: Jane MOORE, born Londonderry
informant: Bertha DUNLOP,
burial: Mt. Hope Cemetery, Kansas City, KS
(I have no connection with this family but I'd appreciate
knowing if you found this posting helpful.)

neirbo10

Important Note: