DUNN-L Archives

Archiver > DUNN > 1999-11 > 0942688732

From: "Kelly and Linda Dunn" <>
Subject: [DUNN-L] Re: Alexander Dunn
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 09:58:52 -0800

Earl and Group,

You asked about Alexander Dunn's siblings.

- Joseph Dunn was born in 1755 in Guilford County, NC. He died
approximately 1842 in Calloway County, KY, while living in the house of John
P. Dunn, one of his sons. This information comes from the 1840 Census. It is
also listed in a book of pensions of 1844 that he was 89 years old and still
receiving a pension. Most people have is date of death as 1842??? Joseph
had at least 13 known children. He was married to Jane Long. Married 17
February 1778, Tryon Co., NC. (now Lincoln Co, if I am correct?). William
Dunn and William Long were listed as sureties.

- Andrew Dunn was killed in July 1780 near Caney Creek in the Battle of
King's Mountain. This information is mentioned on page 81 of Lyman C.
Draper's "King's Mountain and It's Heroes."

- Samuel Dunn. I have no real information on Samuel.

These 4 brothers are known because of Joseph Dunn and Alexander Dunn's
pension applications.

Regards,
Kelly Dunn

This thread: