DUR-NBL-L Archives

Archiver > DUR-NBL > 1999-10 > 0940712513

From: <>
Subject: Hello everyone
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 1999 17:01:53 EDT

I am Ruth Wilson and I live in Leesburg FL of the USA. Have been doing
genealogy research on my family for about 3 years now. My maiden name was Bee
and my ancestor came from England. I must admit that I don't know (at least
not yet)if it was from the Co Durham, but this is what I hope to find out.
One of the most often used given names for Bee males in our lineage was
"Jacob". Not long ago I found the following and ever since I have been
intrigued if it might be a clue on my heritage. Wonder if anyone in that area
can enlighten me on it.

Found this on a page in Family Tree Maker of Genealogy Forum.

CHRONOLOGIST DIES

1711 15th January

Mr Jacob Bee, author of the Bee Diaries, a record of unusual events and
occurences has died. Durham born Bee, a former skinner and glover has
been burried at St Margaret's Durham. In his later years Bee had been an
outpensioner of Sherburn Hospital.
I 'd be obliged if anyone in Co Durham can tell me if there is a way for me
to get further information on this individual.
Also I hate to show my ignorance but what is a skinner and/or glover?

Ruth Bee Wilson

This thread: