DUTTON-L Archives

Archiver > DUTTON > 2003-07 > 1059700004

From: "Ruth Tysor" <>
Subject: [DUTTON] JANE MC CLASKEY/DUTTON
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 20:10:30 -0500

Carole Malisiak:

Thank you for your reply. I do belong to the PA-Old Chester and PAChest surname lists. Have been seeking information from them and Sandra Ferguson has tried to help as well as some others. It's wonderful how people try to help others!! Sandra quotes material from Futhy & Cope all the time. She did dig up the location of the list of marriages by Rev. John Roan who is said to have married Joseph and Agnes. I have sent for that information. I really hope I get it. I'm told it is a Journal listing all the marriages performed by Rev. Roan.

I have a copy of the will of Joseph McClaskey who died 1753 in Chester Co. His wife's name was Barbara. It lists all the daughters: Jane Kerk, Martha Kimmings, Jennett Dutton, Mary and Elizabeth McClaskey, and the two sons, Joseph and James.

The son Joseph is my concern. I feel it is possible he is my 4th gr. grandfather. I guess you read all that yesterday so I won't repeat it.

Yes, I did correspond with the gentlemen who told me he descended from brother James. James's son Joseph is the one who married Beauchamp.

My Joseph b 1735 who married Agnes was given 150 acres of land on Long Cane Creek, Granville Co., S.C. on 3 Mar 1768 Series No. S213019 Vol: 0015, Pg. 560 Item 00

Reads in part: South Carolina BOUNTY

George the third by the Grace of God, of Great-Britain, France and Ireland, King, Defender of the Faith, and so forth, To all to whom These presents shall come Greeting: Know ye, that we of our special Grace, certain Knowledge and mere Motion, Have given and granted, and by these Presents, for us, our heirs and successours, Do Give and Grant unto Joseph McClescay
Heirs and assigns, a plantation or tract of land containing one hundred and fifty acres on the Mountain branch of Long Cane in Granville County bounded South West by land laid out for Alexander Robinson and all other sides by vacant land. etc.

I have a couple other deeds and his will dated 25 Oct 1798 naming 3 sons, David, Alexander, my 3rd gr. grandfather, William and 1 daughter Agnes. DAR lists his death as 13 Oct. 1805. I havn't been able to find any record of death.
Thank you for those web sites. They were very interesting. I was not a student of history in school. I find it a little more interesting now especially the lifestyles of the time. Those things I like to include in my genealogy books to bring my people to life.

David McClaskey might have been a son of my Joseph b: 1735

I appreciate any and all suggestions you have for my search. I'll contact Chester Co again about that Futhy and Cope information they quote from all the time.

Thanks for all your help. It is appreciated.

Ruth McCluskey Tysor
SW Iowa

This thread: