DUTTON-L Archives

Archiver > DUTTON > 2008-05 > 1211003988

From: "AmRoots" <>
Subject: [DUTTON] An Interesting Coincidence
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 22:59:48 -0700

I was watching the Cadfael episode "The Devils Novice" on public television
tonight. It's set in the time of King Stephen while Empress Maude was
threatening the throne (ca. 1140) and, from what I can make out, in Cheshire
or close by. One of the characters was a Master Dutton. Funny how
fictional detective story can contain factual information so far removed
from the actual occurrence. Perhaps the author was from the area. I'll see
if any mention of the manor of Dutton is made in future episodes.

Curt Rowe

This thread: