DYER-L Archives

Archiver > DYER > 2002-03 > 1015093032

From: Eugene Hubbard <> (by way of David Sylvester <>)
Subject: Re: Mary (Barrett) Dyer, Wife of William of Newport, RI
Date: Sat, 02 Mar 2002 13:17:12 -0500

This message is being forwarded to this moderated list by the
listowner. You may reply to the list at or to
the sender at Eugene Hubbard <>

Dear Frank:

I appreciate your input. I could only wish your site had the
ability to offer such additional info on-line.

My info came from sources: 1) Frederick Virkus in his The Abridged
Compendium of American Genealogy-First Families in America [1968],
and from files drawn from the websites 2) Kindred Konnections.and
3)Rootsweb WorldConnect.

The adoption of Mary by George Dyer appears multiple times in
Virkus' work, as well as her heritage. I have found a copy of 100
of Lady Abella's letters, compiled in 1998, a definitive work done
by an Oxford University person, and I shall study it carefully when
it is received. Note that the date trumps all the other references,
but until the letter's contents alude to a child, I shall be
careful to indicate that Mary's heritage is only a theory which has
been debunked as late as 1950.

BTW. I guess I could be considered a loose cannon. <grin>

NB. I finally did an in-depth research for the church known as St.
Martins-in-the-Fields, London, and found there was such a place,
which had its genesis in the 13th century, and was built(again) at
the order of Henry the 8th during the 16th century plague years,
because he did not want corpses carried thru his castle grounds. It
does exist in Trafalger Sq. London. It was again replaced by the
architect James Gibbs in the 16th century..

Regards,

'Gene

This thread: