DYFED-L Archives

Archiver > DYFED > 2009-03 > 1236895955

From: Gareth Morgan <>
Subject: Re: [Dyfed] Pronunciation
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 22:12:35 +0000 (GMT)

Hello Brian
Why not try a course.

Welsh Course

http://www.cs.cf.ac.uk/fun/welsh/Lesson01.html

Now you can practice your Welsh.

http://britannia.com/celtic/wales/language.html

PRACTICE

Read the following, written using the Welsh alphabet:

Gwd
lwc. Ai hop ddat yw can ryd ddys and ddat yt meiks sens tw yw. Iff yw
can ryd ddys, dden yw ar dwing ffaen and wil haf no problems at ol yn
lyrnyng awr ffaen Welsh alffabet.

Good luck: I hope that you
can read this, and that it makes sense to you. If you can read this,
then you are doing fine and will have no problems at all in learning
our fine Welsh alphabet.

Cleddau =  (Cle/ Clare) (dd /th(e) without the e)  (au / I as in me)

Gareth

--- On Thu, 12/3/09, brian swann <> wrote:

Being non-Welsh, my wife, who is, tells me off all the time on this sort of thing.

Cleddau = CLETHAE