Dayhoff-L Archives

Archiver > Dayhoff > 2000-05 > 0959829200

From: Annette DeHoff <>
Subject: [Dayhoff] Answers to Cecil Co, MD Dehoff questions
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 23:13:20 -0400

I have some answers for Alicia but not all of them. Perhaps someone
else on the list may have another part of the puzzle.

1.Hendrick of Cecil Co, MD mentions in his will, son John and daughters
Mary, Caterina and Elizabeth. John seems to be the John DeHuff of
Lancaster who married Catherine Brecht.

2.Jeff Gibson has put together a list of John DeHuffs descendants.
Perhaps he would post it again to the list for the first 4 generations
only. There is only one Daniel amongst the descendants and I believe he
died near Harrisburg.

3.Father John Dehoff, minister of the gospel is one of the sons of John
George and Elisabeth Kisl DeHoff of York Co, PA. I believe John's son,
Jacob and also a grandson, Moses Deahofe were also itinerant preachers.
Perhaps it will help if those of you looking for help with the
Miscellaneous Maryland DeHoffs post some family groups to the list - 3
or 4 generations might be all that is needed to make a match.

Annette

alicia d frank wrote:

> Hello All:
>
> My ancestor DANIEL DAYHUFF, b 1796 MD, shows up in Orange Co Indiana
> 1819.
>
> I have him doc from then. I am looking for his parents....
>
> Do we have anyone in Cecil Co.MD? Does anyone know anything about
> that area or have any info from there?
>
> I read the DAYHOFF infofrom Keith, Clarence and all other of the grouP:
>
> I postulate, THINK., .guess, NEED PROOF , etc:
> ----------------------------
> 1.gen Hendrick De Hoff (will dated 1717, probated 1721-21, Cecil
> Co, MD)
>
> (Note: WE NEED COPY OF THIS WILL--perhaps get list of children..but most
> may have moved away to PA....)
>
> 2. gen John DeHuff (1704-1751) , Lancaster Co, PA was prob s
> his son, named and appears in Reformed/Lutheran church, Lancaster, Lanc
> Co, PA.
>
> 3.gen. ABRAHAM De Huff (1735-1821) ,of John,of Hendrick.
> " was born 1735 on the Eastern Shore, MD near the head of the Elk
> River."
> --per burial book of the Moravian Church, .Hist of York Co, PA ,
> II ( 1907).
>
> Q. Does anyone have YORK PA info on Abraham, his will with names
> OR any of John's other children's names, wills, etc.
>
> Q. WHO are JOHN's other children,
>
> Q. IS there a grandson named DANIEL amongst them?
>
> Has anyone ever looked up
> Dehoff's Church, Greenmont, MD..info? John Dahoff ( 1765-1844)
> Thomas Scharf: History of Western MD, 1882/1968
>
> "Father John Dehoff, minister of the gospel"-obit, Religious Telescope,
> 5Jun1844)
>
> . Anyone will MD connections?
>
> Alicia, nee' Dayhuff in FL

This thread: