DeGARMO-L Archives

Archiver > DeGARMO > 2010-04 > 1271218420

From: "Bill Tomlinson" <>
Subject: [DEGARMO] Pierre Villeroy Degarmeaux
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 21:29:51 -0700

Hi, everyone,
I have a question about Pierre Villeroy Degarmeaux. I was looking at several family trees in Ancestry. com that include Pierre Villeroy De Garmo and found information in these family trees. Perhaps the tree owners belong to our De Garmo rootsweb list?

Uhreen Family Tree, owner Uhreen1
Lockwood Family Tree, owner RebeccaMeadors
Tidwell Trees and Branches, owner KarenRancilio
Dugan Family Tree, owner Rex Dugan

What has brought up my question is that these trees have Pierre Villeroy Degarmeaux's father and several more generations back listed:
1. Pierre Villeroy Degarmeaux, b. abt 1659 in Bretagne, Brittany, France.
2. his father, Jacques de Villeroy, b. 1612 Vaucoulears, Meuse, France
3. his father, Pierre de Villeroy, b. 1582 (and the Dugan Family Tree has his wife listed as Barbe Cordonnier)
4. his father, Jean de Villeroy, b. 1552 d. 1608 in Vaucouleurs, Meuse, France
5. his father, ..... de Villeroy, b. 1522

The trees have as their source the other trees on Ancestry.com. Which doesn't mean they don't have records in their own research at home.
Besides hoping that one of these tree owners belong to the De Garmo list, I was wondering if anyone else had heard of this? La Vella De Garmo Tomlinson in California

This thread: