Dutch-Colonies-L Archives

Archiver > Dutch-Colonies > 1998-06 > 0898512165

From: "Lorine McGinnis Schulze" <>
Subject: Re: Poss. siblings for THOMAS FREDERICKSEN in New Amsterdam???
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 10:42:45 +0000

> Date: Sun, 21 Jun 1998 21:31:11 -0500 (CDT)
> From: (Howard Swain)
> Subject: Re: Poss. siblings for THOMAS FREDERICKSEN in New Amsterdam???

> Does anyone know anything about Adriaen Vincent? when/where born/died?

I"m still working on Adriaen Vincent but here is what I have so far:

Adriaen Vincent found on the passenger list for 2 April 1657
"Draetvat"

"The names of Haen, Vincent, Smetdes and Buyskes appear in the
original after Gilles Mandeville and for all except Smetdes the name
of the ship and the date are not given" [Immigrants to the New World
1600s to 1800s: New world Immigrants Vol. I Passengers to New
Netherland (List of Passengers 1654 - 1664) The account book for 1654
- 1664 lists 6 names in order of their passage but no date or ship
name given:

Albert Pietersen, mason; Geertry Claesen; Gerrit Pietersen; Gilles
Mandeville; Jacob Hendricksen Haen, painter; Adriaen Vincent

Footnote for Adriaen Vincent states:
Vincent had built a house in New Amsterdam about 1646 (Innes 150) and
is in the account book for another voyage in 1662.

We find an Adriaen Vincian farmer from Tournay on board "De Hoope" 8
April 1662, with wife and 3 children 16, 12 and 5 years old. We know
that Adriaen had a daughter Hester bpt 1645 so she would be about 17,
and a son Johannis bpt 1651 who would be about 11. These fit with the
ages of the first two children given. This leaves an unnamed child
born ca 1657.

There is an Adrian Vincent listed as a passenger on the Mary and John
from London England to New England. Adrian took the Oath of
Allegiance on 24 March 1633 - I have no idea if this is "our"
Adriaen!

1645 16 Jul; Adriaen Vincent; Hester; Isaac de Foreest, Hester Simons

1651 15 Jan; Adriaen Vincent; Johannes; Jacquis Thyssen, Jan Gerard,
Hester Simons

1659 26 Oct; Simon Dreunen, Magdaleen V. der Straten; Barteltje;
Adriaen Vincent, Hester Couwenhoven

Note: Simon Fell van Diepen in Vranckryck en Anneken Vincent, van
Amsterdam 5 Aug. 1656 marriage

1665 25 Oct; Barent Harmenszen, Claesje Jacobs; Jacob; Adriaen
Vincent, Marritje Claes

1668 8 Aug; Jan Gerdyn, Hester Vincent; Johannes; Adriaen Vincent,
Isa_ beth de Potter

Lorine McGinnis Schulze

IIGS http://www.iigs.org/
Teamleader Webmaster, Historian & IRC Teams
* The Olive Tree Genealogy http://www.rootsweb.com/~ote/
* The Canadian Military Heritage Project http://www.rootsweb.com/~canmil/

This thread: