Dutch-Colonies-L Archives

Archiver > Dutch-Colonies > 1998-10 > 0909515605

From: "Harman Clark" <>
Subject: Re: RAPALJE: Verification of Descent; Dutch Naming Patterns
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 14:13:25 -0500

I will have to check my "paper" files, which are not nearly as
organized or accessible as my computer program <g> as I have not gone
beyond the list of children of Maretje Van Neste (by her husbands
David Willemsen and Peter Bodine) in the computer.
Your comments about the naming patterns are interesting. I am
not as "sold" on those patterns as some of the others on the message
list, and my reaction would also be that Rapaljes were not,
themselves, Dutch, and might not have been as rigid as following the
patterns. That, of course, doesn't answer your question, but I am
hoping someone will come along who can.
Harman