Dutch-Colonies-L Archives

Archiver > Dutch-Colonies > 1998-11 > 0911071780

From: <>
Subject: Re: BUSSING
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 1998 14:29:40 EST

In a message dated 11/13/98 21:41:49 Central Standard Time,
writes:

[snip]
> Dear Irene
>
> I am descendant from the Bussing family and send you the following
> information
> quoted from the Genealogy of the Bussing Family as compiled by William K.
> Hall
>
> of Springfield, Missouri, in 1950. It was referenced from the collection
of
> the New York State Library in Albany, (ref 929.2 qB 981)
>
> Page 2
>
> 1. Arent Harmans Bussing, died 1718, married (first) May 24, 1673,
> Reformed Dutch Church of New York (36 NYDR), Susannah Delamater, born 1660,
> daughter of Glaude Delamater (Le Maistre) and his wife Hester Dubois. His
> second marriage took place March 31, 1678, in the Reformed Dutch Church in
> New
> York (44 NYDR), and was to Eva Lubberts, born 1657, the daughter of Lubbert
> Gerritszen and Grietje Dircks.
>
> Children of Arent Harmans Bussing (1) and his first wife, Susannah
> Delamater:
> 2. Pieter Bussing, born 1674, baptized April 28, 1674 (1114 NYDR), died
> 1737, married June 7, 1700 (92 NYDR), Rebecca Vermilyea.
[snip]

Richard:

Was your Rebecca VERMILYEA the daughter of Johannes VERMILYEA and Aeltje
WALDRON? Did she have a sister named Rachel, born about 1675? The Rachel in
my line married Charles VINCENT in 1694 in Harlem, NY, and is my 7th great-
grandmother. The only data I have for Rebecca is that she was baptized 17
December 1671 in New Amsterdam RDC. There is some confusion in my data
regarding birth locations of Rachel. I suspect that I have a mixture of more
than one Rachel.

Gary Vincent
A RootsWeb Sponsor

This thread: