Dutch-Colonies-L Archives

Archiver > Dutch-Colonies > 1999-10 > 0939598623

From: <>
Subject: Re: Metje DeVoor (d/o Jannetje Frans)
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 1999 19:37:03 EDT

Hi Dorothy and others,

Thank you very much for this information. I was intrigued to find that a
Metje Jans was a witness for Elizabeth Sling bapt. 4 May 1714, daughter of
Hendrik Sling and Marytje FRANS. Another witness to this baptism was Thomas
FRANSE. I think this Metje Jans was Metje DeVoor who married Cornelis Janse
because...

Later on 30 Aug 1721, Metje Jans, Cornelus Janse (husband of Metje DeVoor),
and David de Voor were witnesses for the baptism of Grietje Hanse, daughter
of Reyer Hanse and Margareta de Voor.

According to Christine Young, Thomas Franse (Thomas Fransen Outwater), one of
the witnesses for the baptism of Elizabeth Sling, had a brother named Mathias
and they were possible sons of Frans Jacobsen. Christine also believes that
Maritje Jacobs who married Mathias Servaes was Frans' sister. This would
explain why there were so many connections between the Flierboom (descendants
of Mathias Servaes) and Daniel DeVoor/Jannetje Frans, also their daughter
Metje DeVoor (wife of Cornelis Janse).

Any feedback for the above will be much appreciated.

Jason

In a message dated 10/10/99 4:00:38 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
writes:

> Jason, As you told us, Cornelis Jansse and Mettje de Voor were married in
> the New York Dutch church on 19 July 1708 THey had at least one child,
> because exactly 2 months after the wedding, on 19 September 1708
> "Cornelus Janse" and "Mettje de voor" had their daughter "Mettje" baptized
> in the same church. The baptismal sponsors were Jan van der Meer and
> Margreta de Voor. Dorothy

This thread: