Dutch-Colonies-L Archives

Archiver > Dutch-Colonies > 1999-11 > 0941644967

From: "Bobby & Sue Bates" <>
Subject: Re: parmentier/palmateer
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 10:02:47 -0600

Paula Palmateer wrote......
>I have been working on my Palmateer family and have found that we come from
Pierre Palmatier Parmentier and his son Michael.<

Interesting.... I'm not sure if my line will end up connecting back to
your folks are not. The name is now spelled Palmerton but was apparently
originally Palmatier/Parmentier or a variation thereof. My brickwall is
Sylvanus Palmerton:
From: Portrait & Biographical Album of Calhoun Co., MI (Chapman Bros.,
Chicago 1891)
"The father of Sylvanus Palmerton...was a native of France and came to
America before the Revolutionary War. The next in line, Sylvanus Palmerton,
was probably born in Connecticut. During the French and Indian War he
fought on the side of the English, and was present at the battle of Quebec.
He was mustered into Capt. Thomas Hobby's 4th Company of the 3rd CT Regiment
in Oct. of 1759. He also enlisted in Capt. Fitch's Company of the 2nd CT
Regiment Nov. 15, 1761 and was discharged July 1, 1762.
"He also served seven years with the old Continentals when the Colonies
revolted against the tyranny of the mother country. He finally settled in
New York, and died in Tompkins County at the age of eighty-one years."
Anything there look familiar, I hope?
Best,
SueB
IBSSG
Rootsweb Sponsor
http://www.netease.net/members/bsbates/
"How come my family's Coat of Arms ties in the back?"

This thread: