Dutch-Colonies-L Archives

Archiver > Dutch-Colonies > 2000-07 > 0962823247

Subject: [D-Col] Will-Abraham EMMONS
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2000 14:54:07 EDT

I didn't repeat the whole msg as its getting pretty long. This is what I
have as
compiled by Corwin Emmons Jul 1969, updated by Wilbur D. Emmons 1981 and
various other Emans-Emmons-Emens descendants. I use "Emens".
John EMANS Sr.m.(1) Sarah JANSEN; m.(2) Engeltie & a Cornelia is credited to
this m. His Will mentions John Jr.; Andries; *Abraham; Jacobus; Sarah and
Cornelia. Believe he had 2 more sons Hendrick & Anthony.

*Abraham EMENS m.(1) Rebecca STILLWELL 20 Oct 1693 & had
John EMENS 1694-1732 m. Rachel STOUT & Neeltjen Van AAKEN.
Nicholas EMENS 1696-1759 m. Citzen Van NEST.
Abraham EMENS 1697-1742 m. Abigail (BAXTER) BETTS.
Isaac EMENS 1699-bef 1782.
Catherine m. Abraham BIRDSALL. [suspect Rebecca here]

*Abraham EMENS m.(2) Gretie (Margaret) WILLEMSEN 17 Aug 1702 & had
Joseph EMENS bef 1713-bef 1801 m. Charity.
Jacob EMENS bef 1713-bef 1801.
Cornelius EMENS bef 1713-aft 1756 m. Cornelia HULSART.
Benjamin EMENS bef 1713-aft 1748 m. Rachel FENTON.
Daniel EMENS chr 11 Apr 1714-bef 1788 m. Aaltje HULSART.
Maria EMENS chr 20 Jan 1717 m. John Van NEST.

Aaltje Hulsart's parents were Benjamin Hulsart & Annetje LUYSTER.
John Emens Sr. was a close friend of Nicholas STILLWELL who came from
Surry,EN to VA in 1639. John Emens Sr may well have been s/o John EMAN
who came to James City,VA in 1624.

The 5 main Emmons Immigrants I have data on were
JOHN on the "Bonny Bess" to James City,VA 12 Sep 1624.
THOMAS from EN to Newport,RI c1639.
JOHANNES in Boston 1652.
ANDRIES on the "St.Jean Baptist" from HO to LI 21 Aug 1661.
WILLIAM from EN to Taunton,MA 1718.