Dutch-Colonies-L Archives

Archiver > Dutch-Colonies > 2001-01 > 0979774423

From: "Roland Elliott" <>
Subject: Re: [D-Col] Orphan Trains from New York- 1850s to 1929
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 15:33:43 -0800

Yes,there is a list they are called "Train Orphans",my grandmother was born
in Alscace-Lorraine in the 60'
s and her parents were killed in a train wreck in what is Germany today,even
though she had relatives she was sent,as were many others to the US where
they were shipped by train West,the uglier you were the farther west you
got,she got to KC,KS.There is a site and many of the kids were miss used.R