Dutch-Colonies-L Archives

Archiver > Dutch-Colonies > 2002-10 > 1034853902

From: "Bruce Hopper" <>
Subject: Re: [D-Col] Van Houten Progenitor's Family
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 07:29:25 -0400

Dear Barbara and all,

The suppositions you now make for the existence of two recordless children
forMiachiel Janszen & Fitje Hartsmans Wessels are similiar to those being
posed for Roelof Cornelissen and Gerritje Van Nes. There is a 5-year time
from from when the got married [1643] to the first baptism record of Hemlich
in 1648. As the second baptism records refers to a Cornelise, baptised in
1951. A note from Cynthia suggests the likelihood of an eariler Cornelis
who died after the birth of Helmich [1648] and before the birth of the
second Cornelise [1851]. As it seems likely that Roelof and Gerritje were
in Amesfoort, L. I. around that time [Roelof was a soldier in the Dutch army
at New AMsterdam in 1648 acording to Ackerman, 1945] perhaps one needs to
look for a burial record of a Cornelis Roelofse somewhere in that area
between the dates 1648 and 1651. Does anyone know how many cemeteries there
might have been in the area at that time.

Bruce