Dutch-Colonies-L Archives

Archiver > Dutch-Colonies > 2006-07 > 1153771977

From: "E Johnson" <>
Subject: Re: [Dutch-Colonies] Adam Peterson, Dirck Williams and Dirk Laurens of Appoqu...
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 16:12:57 -0400

Hi Cynthia,

Happy Monday. I am so pleased to see you. Glad you still are enjoying this.
>> Then in 1686, Adam Peterson was appointed executor of the estate of
>> Dirk Williams:
>> Dirk WILLIAMS. Feb. 27, 1686. Aug. 10, 1686. A:75.
>> Wife, Funcha; children, not named.

> One question here, which Adam is this, the one d. 1702-1703 (Phila. Will) or
> his son?

This seems to be Adam Peterson the elder. By that time he was a landed
and respectable guy. He is probably the same Adam Peterson who was
collector of taxes in 1693 in Georges Creek and Apoquinamink precincts
of New Castle County. Later in the 1690's he also served on the
Provincial Council (Pennsylvania before Delaware was created). Up to
1702 I believe, until he died.

Dirck WILLIAMS is probably a neighbor (more-or-less) of Adam Peterson.
They both appear on tax lists in the same vicinity, "North of
Oppoquiniminck" [Appoquinimink area] is how one such list is headed.

Would you like to see a copy of those tax lists? I have tons of notes,
just don't want to overwhelm you as I often get overwhelmed.
Can send links to Rweb lists where pages of old records from New
Castle County have been posted for use of researchers.

Anyway, I was (am) very interested to discover who is Dirck William's
wife "Funcha" --which name is probably another mis-spelled version of
Veronica (English) or something like Francyntje.

Of course, I am also very interested to discover who Dirck Williams was.

Wish I could afford to order all these wills.

Thanks again for the interest!

Liz