Dutch-Colonies-L Archives

Archiver > Dutch-Colonies > 2007-07 > 1185750052

From: "BStevens" <>
Subject: [DUTCH-COLONIES] Indexing My Genealogy
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 19:00:52 -0400

A bit of tolerance, perhaps? Many people learning to manage files effectively? And is this not a genealogy site, after all??? What in the world do you think is so inappropriate about someone asking about how to better manage and examine their files, even on this site? For years and years this list has bolstered research and helped our fellows produce quality research, with documentation and decent citations. As long as I have been a member and contributor, I have found help and suggesions from almost every member. Some of these people have contacted several of us freely because they had news to share with us that they felt was pertinent.

I find your comments offensive and denigrating. It is not brainless prattle. Perhaps you know it all, but we do have learners that I would be pleased if you coud be prevented from discouraging. Any one of them could have a key to my family. Perhaps you hold all the keys to your, but you are not the Saint Peter I hope to meet.

Bryce Stevens

Will you people stop with this brainless prattle? Take it to a genealogy
site. This site is for discussing Dutch colonies. Do you know what the words
Dutch Colonies mean?