Dutch-Colonies-L Archives

Archiver > Dutch-Colonies > 2007-08 > 1187365817

From: "Mary Hobein" <>
Subject: Re: [DUTCH-COLONIES] Pronunciation of RAPELJE
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 10:50:17 -0500

Since I too am descended from Joris Janszen Rapelje and his wife Catalintje
Trico, we must be some sort of cousins.
My grandmother's maiden name was Rappleyea -- some sort of Anglicised
phonetic spelling of Rapalje. We always said it Rapple (like ripple with an
a) and yea (like yeah, team).

Mary Hobein ()
Woodridge, IL, USA