Dutch-Colonies-L Archives

Archiver > Dutch-Colonies > 2008-06 > 1214860511

From: "Pamela J. Sears" <>
Subject: Re: [DUTCH-COLONIES] Benjamin Van Vechten
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 17:21:59 -0400

Hi Wynn,

I agree with Jim Brady's analysis, and will add another unrecorded son
to the family of Cornelis Teunisz Van Vechten and Annetje Leendertsz
Conyn. That would be Philip (no birth or baptismal record found); he
married Engeltje Van Deusen on 4 June 1714 at Albany. Although I have
found no children for this couple, they frequently appeared as witnesses
in the records at Albany, and Philip himself witnessed the baptism of
Cornelius, child of Benjamin Van Vechten & Jannetje Eckerson on 4
October 1710 in New York.

At Albany: June 4, 1710. Three B. Philip Van Vechten and Engeltie Van
Deusen.

Jim asked about citations, so here's what I have on this family group
(but, I have not found baptismal records for the two daughters mentioned
in the will).

New York Reformed Dutch Church
[p 112] Banns 7 April; Benjamin Van Vegten, j.m. V. N. Alban

This thread: