EADS-L Archives

Archiver > EADS > 1999-04 > 0924411258

From: Bert Paredes< >
Subject: Re: William Eads (1781 VA-1861 Peoria County, IL)
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1999 22:54:18 -0600

>Hi,
>
>I am looking for the siblings of William Eads, b. 1781 Amherst County, VA, m.
>1) Nancy Ann Estes 1801 Ste. Genevieve County, MO and 2) Mary Ann Bickel 1834
>Peoria County, IL and d. 1861 Peoria County, IL. His parents were Abraham
>Eads and Sarah Gay. I have lots of information on descendants and am willing
>to share.
>
>Shaunee Power

Hi again, Shaunee,

Two items:

1) I can't tell you anything about William Eads' siblings, but can point
you to three uncles, one or two aunts, and a grandfather.

There is an article o the web (at:
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Plains/7046/vanbio.html - scroll down to
reach this text) about two early Charles EADS in KY, one of which is my
wife's ancestor. The other Charles is the uncle to your William Eads you
mentioned to me in your previous message. Did you know Charles later became
a Shaker?

Here's an extract:

THE EARLY CHARLES EADS (EADES) OF KENTUCKY
written by Charles G. Eads (Written in March of 1974)

There were two EADS (EADES) from Virginia who moved to Kentucky by way of
North Carolina,
both of whom married wives by the name of SARAH and both of who served in the
Revolutionary War.

******************************
CHARLES EADES OF LOGAN CO., KY
******************************
CHARLES EADES was born in Amherst County, Virginia 10 March 1755. He was
the son of
THOMAS EADES of Amherst Co., VA. His father was still living in 1791 as
there is a deed in the
Amherst Co. deed records which indicates that THOMAS EADES sold land to his
son, BARTLETT
EADES in 1791. This BARTLETT EADES also appears in the Shaker records of
South Union,
Logan Co., KY. as being the brother of CHARLES EADES. CHARLES EADES
enlisted as a soldier
in 1775. He served four and one half years in the Revolutionary War. On one
occasion while
returning home he visited his brother, ABRAHAM EADES, in Henry County, VA.
CHARLES
EADES was listed in the 1779 personal property tax lists of Campbell
County, VA. He last
served in the war as a Captain of a company of soldiers in Amherst Co.,
Virginia. CHARLES also
had a brother, WILLIAM EADES, who was killed in the battle of Blue Licks in
Kentucky 19 August
1782. JANE EADES is the only sister of CHARLES that is known at the time of
this writing
(March 1974). She is mentioned as the daughter of THOMAS EADES in a deed in
Amherst Co., VA.
Possibly another sister could be JINNETT EADES who married 17 June 1795 to
DAVID HOWE in
Madison County
******************************

2) Nikki Neal Allen () has Eads in Peoria, IL. In her
message to this list, she lists her earliest Eads as: Irene Belle EADS, b.
28 APR, 1869 in Peoria, IL, Married Ransom Beauregard NEAL ABT 1885,
probably in San Augustine County TX.

You may be able to help her, as I'd be surprised if there wasn't a
connection with your line.

Hope this helps.

- Bert

"One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly
making exciting discoveries." ----- A.A. Milne

This thread: