EARLE-L Archives

Archiver > EARLE > 2002-04 > 1018141023

From: Grover Pope <>
Subject: [EARLE] Nonconnected Earles (Roll Call)
Date: Sat, 06 Apr 2002 19:05:03 -0600

Will start with book; Earle Family of Secaucus by Issac Newton Earle.
On page 72 of this book, Land patent records show that there was a
William Earle, Apparently a young unmarried man, in Northumberland Co.
Va. in 1653. Also in this county were three other Earle men, James
Earle, George Earle and a Gamaliel Earle. Writer tells of other Earles
in Va. at the time but says no one has found where these three men
migrated to.
Today I received the tax list for NC , Vol 2, 1679-1790 Earle men
listed as follows;

Jesse Earl 1785 Granville Co. NC.
John Earl Jr. 1785 " " '
John Earl Sr. 1785 " " "
Thomas Earl 1785 """""""
John Earl 1771 """""""
Gamaliel Earl 1771 """""

Copied a desc chart off of rootsweb for a Gamaliel Earle b abt 1710 in
Fishing Creek Dist of NC. this later became Granville Co. NC. This area
is just accross the state line of Va.
Gamaliel had the following children; Capt William Earle b 1740, Thomas
Earle b 1742, Elisha Earle b 1746, Elisabeth Earle b 1749, James Earle b
abt 1752, Obedaih Earlle b abt 1755, Sarah Ann Earle b abt 1758,
Frederick Earle b abt 1760.
Capt William Earle has the following children:::: Bennett Earles b abt
1765, William Jr. b 1770, Joshua Earles b 1774, Priscilla Earles b 1776,
Susey Earles b 1777, Pleasant Earles b 1780, Nathaniel Earles b 1782,
Margaret Earles b 1784, Lucy Earles b 1786, Elijah Earles b 1788,
Rebecca Earles b 1797.
William Jr. Earle b in 1770 had the following children; Bailus Earle b
1798 m Sarah James b 1808, Elizabeth b 1804, Charles b 1808, William b
1809, Richard B. b 1811, Elisha b 1813, Andrew b 1815, ?? Earle b 1818,
Jane b 1821, Fanny b 1823. ( No proof of the above data)
I do know that the above Bailus Earle/Earls b in 1798 m Sarah James b
1808 were my gggparents.
They lived their entire life in the York Co. SC / Rutherford Co. NC.
area. Bailus Earls was found dead with his face on a pile of wood in his
back yard in 1875 in Rutherford Co. NC. Bailus/ Sarah and family were
members of the Shiloh Baptist Church near Kings Mt. York Co. SC. I know
Sarah is buried there and probably Bailus also. Their dau Dicey Earls m
William Robert (Bille) Brown in 1849, they produced seven children in
this area, last found on the 1760 census of Rutherford Co. NC. living
next door to her parents Bailus/Sarah James Earls. Dicey and Billie
Brown migrated to West Tn. Dyer Co. in the mid 1860's. Dicey died there
in 1772, this Dicey Earle Brown was my great gmother. Dicey Earle Brown
was my gmother's mother and have heard my gmother tell many stories abt
the move from NC. to Tn.
Does anyone connect to this line of Earle/Earls???????? Thanks for
listening, Grover Pope in Dyer Co. Tn.

This thread: