EDGAR-L ArchivesArchiver > EDGAR > 2008-11 > 1227127765
From: "" <>
Subject: Descendants of Edgar Families of Randolph County, Illinois
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 20:49:25 -0000
This is a Message Board Post that is gatewayed to this mailing list.
Message Board URL:
Message Board Post:
I would like to exchange information with descendants of the following Edgar family.
William Edgar, son of Adam Edgar, was born 1770-1775 in South Carolina. He married Mary Morrison. He moved to Tennessee and then to Randolph County, Illinois in the vicinity of Sparta and Coultersville. Known children and grandchildren are as follows:
1. Adam Edgar (about 1800) married Margaret Sinclair and their children were (Edgar): Robert, Mary A. (1828), William (1829), Margaret (1831), Eliza J. (1835), Nancy (1838)
2. Janet Edgar (about 1800) married John Alexander.
3. Robert S. Edgar (1801) married Sarah Jane McMillan and their children were (Edgar): William (1824), Matthew M. (1825), John A. (1827), Mary (1829), James (1830), Adam Renwick (1832), Anna C. (1834), Robert H. (1837), Margaret Jane (1839), Calvin Wallace (1842).
4. Alexander John Edgar (1805) married, first Janet Campbell and their children were (Edgar): William Morrison (1827), Mary Jane (1829), Agnes Melissa (1831). Alexander John Edgar married, second, Jane Sinclair and their children were: Robert Sinclair (1834), Margaret Boyd (1836), Jane Campbell (1837), Eliza Ann (1839), Adam Alexander (1842), James Wallace (1845).
5. William Edgar (1806) married Mary Morrison. Their daughter was Mary Edgar who married James Burns.
I hope to hear from you.
The author of this message may not be subscribed to this list. If you would like to reply to them, please click on the Message Board URL link above and respond on the board.