ELLIOTT-L Archives

Archiver > ELLIOTT > 1999-04 > 0923778315

From: "Richard H. Elliott" <>
Subject: Re: [ELLIOTT-L] ELLIOTT's of Gilmer Co, GA
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 1999 00:05:15 +0300

Hi Sheryl,
Lakey Elliott born about 1780 in Surry Co., NC married Nancy Ann Carroll
about 1805 in Surry Co., NC. She was born between 1787-1790 in SC or NC and
the daughter of Willie Carroll and Elizabeth Moore. Lakey's parents were Thomas
Elliott born about 1750 in Surry Co., NC and died 1787 in Surry Co., NC and was
married to Mary Ann Lakey before 1780 in Surry Co., NC. Mary Ann was born after
1756 and died on 18 Dec 1839 in Surry Co., NC. Her parents were John Lakey and
Elizabeth Manor. She was also married to Hezekiah Flynn after 1786 and had two
known sons, James and Thomas Wright Flynn. Lakey's mother was Ann Lewis and
died about August 1777 in Surry Co., NC. Who is his father? That is the
$69,000 question. He is believed to have died before 1771. They are believed
to have been married around 1759 in Surry Co., NC.
I have George's second wife as Harriett Wissenhant, and George being born in
Buncombe Co., NC.
Now that being said, I can not guarantee that all this information is
correct. I don't have documentation to back any of this up. It is information
that has been passed to me or I have gotten off the internet.
I'm related to George through his brother John. My family moved down to the
Southeast of Georgia at the turn of the century. I asked my great aunt why?
She said they had problems with boll weevils. I hope this helps.

Take care,
Richard

Sheryl Burns wrote:

> ...I can't wait to start checking this out. The LDS file had George W.
> ELLIOTT as son of Lakey ELLIOTT and Nancy Carroll ELLIOTT. Anyone with
> connections to this line? Why & when did they come to Texas?
>
> Thanks,
> Sheryl Burns

This thread: