ELLIOTT-L Archives

Archiver > ELLIOTT > 2002-04 > 1017974443

From: "Yvonne O. Bowers" <>
Subject: [ELLIOTT] Re: Abraham Elliott in Randolph County, NC
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 18:40:43 -0800

At 5:02 AM -0700 4/4/02, wrote:
>Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2002 15:59:56 -0400
>From: marsha moses <>
>Subject: [NCROOTS] Abraham Elliott in Randolph County, NC
>
>OK--two list members were nice enough to give me information on Abraham
>Elliott Jr. and Sr. in the 1790 Randolph County census. Their
>information agreed and I accept the fact that neither man is the Abraham
>Elliott that I am looking for. Does anyone on the list claim the third
>Abraham Elliott? He has in his household one male over 16, two under 16
>and two females.
>
>It looks as if there are lots of Elliott families living in Randolph
>County in 1790. Here are the heads of household:
>
>William Elliott #
>Israel Elliott
>Obediah Elliott
>Peter Elliott
>John Elliott *
>Abraham Elliott Jr *
>Samuel Elliott *
>Abraham Elliott #
>Joseph Elliott *
>Jacob Elliott
>Abraham Elliott Sen
>

>The last two had more than one male over 16.....as did the first
>one--William. All of the rest had only one male over 16 making me think
>that they may have had a young family living at home. Joseph and Jacob
>had large families....most of the rest had 3, 4 or 5 family members.
>
>The men that I marked with a star may be siblings---the children of
>Abraham Senior. But that is just a guess from looking at Sue's website.
>

>According to Hinshaw, Jacob Elliott had children: William,
>Abraham,Elizabeth, and Rachel in 1782. So if the Abraham with no Jr. or
>Sr above is my Abraham, it is possible that he is Jacob's son. And if
>that is the case, the two marked with a # may have been siblings sharing
>their father, Jacob.
>
>That leaves Peter, Obediah, and Israel unaccounted for.
>
>Does anyone claim any of these people? Particularly does anyone claim
>the Abraham without Jr. or Senior after his name. Originally I had
>discounted him because of information in Leon Elliott's book. He said
>that Abraham Elliott, son of Joseph (b.1763 and m. Jessee Silas).
>Abraham was born in Guilford County and was the first of the Quakers to
>come to Indiana. He settled there in 1823 and died 1858. I was
>counting him as the third Abraham....and perhaps he was. But Hinshaw
>listed Jacob with a son Abraham when the family was rocf into New Garden
>MM from Center MM in 1782 and then gct from New Garden to Center in
>1784. Jacob's son, Abraham, could just as easily have been the third
>Abraham in the census. Any ideas? Any help?
>
>Thanks for reading this. marsha in WV

These are my ELLIOTTS in Ashbeboro, Randolph Co., NC. during the same
time period. Rachel ELLIOTT (my 7ggm) is the last of my ELLIOTT line
(although still in Randolph Co.) and she married a MOFFITT. I didn't
list sibs below but I have them if you're interested.

John ELLIOTT
b. abt 1700
occ.
edu.
Mi.
d.
br.
& Sarah ?
b.
d. Chester Co., PA.
m. abt 1720, NJ
Abraham ELLIOTT Sr.*
b. 1725, Chester CO., PA
occ.
edu.
Mi.
d. 1808, Asheboro, Randolph Co., NC
br.
& Priscilla FOULKE
b. PA
d. abt 30 Mar 1765
m. aft 1751, Chester Co., PA.
Joseph ELLIOTT Sr.
b. abt 1754, Chester Co., PA
occ.
edu.
Mi.
d. 11 Feb 1819, Asheboro, Randolph Co., NC
br.
& Sarah PIGGOTT
b. 15 Oct 1760, Orange CO., NC
d.
m. abt 1775, Guildford CO., NC
Joseph ELLIOTT Jr.
b. 5 Apr 1776, Asheboro, Randolph Co., NC
occ.
edu.
Mi.
d. Feb 1852, Asheboro, Randolph Co., NC
br.
& Ruth WILSON
b. 31 May 1775, Asheboro, Randolph Co., NC
d. 18 Mar 1858, Asheboro, Randolph Co., NC
m. 27 Aug 1795, Asheboro, Randolph Co., NC.
Rachel ELLIOTT
b. 25 Feb 1812, Marlborough Moffitts Mill, Asheboro, Randolph Co., NC.
occ.
edu.
Mi.
d. 2 Nov 1888, Lebanon, Laclede CO., MO.
br.
& Robert Silas MOFFITT
b. 21 Nov 1809, Moffitts Mills, Asheboro, Randolph Co., NC.
d. 16 Sep 1891, Lebanon, Laclede CO., MO
m. 4 Oct 1832, Asheboro, Randolph Co., NC.
Abraham ELLIOTT Sr.*
b. 1725, Chester CO., PA
occ.
edu.