ELLIOTT-L Archives

Archiver > ELLIOTT > 2008-02 > 1202002919

From: V Hurst <>
Subject: Re: [Elliott] The ELLIOTTs of Stonehouse, Gloucestershire, England
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2008 17:41:59 -0800 (PST)

Hello Hal!
this is some great stuff...thanks so much. My E-l-liot-t :) family history seems to say that they had no idea why the middle class well established family wanted to come over enmass to America (Faithful Steward Elliotts)...seeming to indicate long time in Ireland.

I went to the Fermaugh lists of men who were in the landholders 'armies' and saw many of my supposed associated names...Elliotts, Cunninghams a few Lees, others who I see in the places where my relatives ended up. Its very interesting...

thanks for the info...

vera