ENG-ARCHIVES-L Archives

Archiver > ENG-ARCHIVES > 2007-06 > 1180876459

From: "Andrew Billinghurst" <>
Subject: [ENG-ARCHIVES] ENG-ARCHIVES its reason for being
Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2007 23:14:19 +1000

[Message to start off the archives and to give some background to why
I think that this list should exist and how we can use it.]

The envisaged uses of the ENG-ARCHIVES mailing list include:

* to assist people utilise the search engines for the England and
Wales http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/searchthearchives/

Access to Archives (A2A)
The TNA Catalogue
DocumentsOnline
E 179
Electronic Records Online
Equity Pleadings
Manorial Documents Register
Military records
National Digital Archive of Datasets
National Register of Archives
Reference Library Catalogue
+++

* as place to discuss the TNA's "Your Archives"
http://yourarchives.nationalarchives.gov.uk/
and to set up projects to add data, especially transcriptions, to the
site. I would see that one of the benefits that RootsWeb's users can
give is deriving templates, and looking to present a standard look
and hierarchy to transcriptions.

* To relay announcements of news from the archives

* To relay announcements of releases to archives

* General news items for the archives

* As a place of discussion about the best user practices in the
archives

Regards, Andrew
List admin for ENG-ARCHIVES

This thread: