ENG-BANBURY-AREA-L Archives

Archiver > ENG-BANBURY-AREA > 2003-04 > 1051722375

From: "Derick Cooper" <>
Subject: Re: [BAN] Bawcutts
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 18:08:31 +0100

Thanks for that Bill .
I have only just worked my way down to this family. My Great Great
Grandmother was a Bawcutt living in Kingsthorpe Northants , I traced her
family back to a John Bawcutt, Husbandman, living in Ashby St Ledgers
Northants around 1700. I have now traced the family of one of Johns other
sons ,William, into Warwickshire (Burton Dassett, Warmington and Northend)
,back into Northants (Charwelton) and now into Oxfordshire ( Banbury ,
Neithrope.)
The reason that I had put John Bawcutt as a Farmer is because in the 1881
census he is down as living at 1 Manor House, Upper Tysoe, Warwickshire and
is a farmer of 360 acres employing 8men and 3 boys. He has moved up in the
world from being a Brewers clerk! Maybe he inherited from his dad.
Stephen

This thread: