ENG-CHS-NORTHWICH-L Archives

Archiver > ENG-CHS-NORTHWICH > 2011-01 > 1295241428

From: Martyn Smith <>
Subject: NORTHWICH Hunt family from Northwich
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 16:17:08 +1100

Hi list,

We have recently traced my convict HUNT ancestor out of Australia back to Northwich and I was pleased to see that there was a Northwich mailing list.

My GGGG grandfather George HUNT born approx 1811 was convicted at Nether Knutsford in 1839 and sent down here to Australia. From his subsequent Australian marriage and death certificate we know that his father was Richard HUNT (blacksmith) born 1787 and mother was Betty (Nee Ormson)....and thanks to a British genealogist who obtained all the parish records for St Helens back to the 17th I see that Richard Hunt was the 7th child of 10 and that his parents were John HUNT and Mary Evans...then going back another generation John HUNT was born to James HUNT and Elizabeth PEACOCK.

I would love to share any records that I have or to learn from any kind soul that knows anything about this particular Hunt family.

Kind regards from a soggy and flooded Australia

Martyn Smith | Business Process Analyst

Customer Payments Group

Optus Corporate

t: +61 2 808 21343

m: +61 0 401 900 405

****DISCLAIMER****
This e-mail may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail from your system. You must not disclose this email to anyone without express permission from the sender. The contents of all emails sent to, and received from, Optus may be scanned, stored, or disclosed to others by Optus at Optus' discretion. Optus has exercised care to avoid errors in the information contained in this e-mail but does not warrant that the information is error or omission free.

This thread: