ENG-CHS-NORTHWICH-L Archives

Archiver > ENG-CHS-NORTHWICH > 2011-01 > 1295394221

From: Nick Colley <>
Subject: Re: NORTHWICH BEBBINGTONS COURT
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 23:43:41 +0000

Hello Everyone,

In 'Colin Lynch's Northwich' Bebbingtons Court is described as being "A
group of 24 back-to-back houses off Witton Street, where the car park behind
the Witton Chimes and Barlow's Butchers is now located"

Regards
Nick
Rudheath/Broken Cross

ps Anyone know where the place name Broken Cross originated from?

On 18 January 2011 23:07, Bob Owen <> wrote:

> Gill
>
> The wife of my great uncle was living at 14 Bebbington Court at the
> 1881 Census age 3. By coincidence her name was Ada Bebbington.She
> married William Gerald Preston who after Army service in the 2nd Boer
> War & WWI, had a Grocers Shop on Witton Street for many years.
> The previous page on the 1881 Census shows properties in 'Witton
> Street South' suggesting that Bebbington Court was around the centre
> of the town. It's only a guess perhaps someone more local than me will
> have the answer.
>

> Regards
> Bob
> Nottinghamshire
>

> On 18 January 2011 20:22, <> wrote:
> > Hello, does anyone have any idea where Bebbingtons Court Witton Cum
> > Twambrooks is/was? please.
> >
> > Regards Gill

This thread: