ENG-DUR-SUNDERLAND-L Archives

Archiver > ENG-DUR-SUNDERLAND > 2004-09 > 1095644430

From: "marie KERR" <>
Subject: Re: [SUNDERLAND] Ice Cream Vendors
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 02:40:30 +0100

As well as Notarianni's in High St West, there was Pompa's in High St East
where my mother Patsy worked for many years until it burnt down in the
Joplings store fire in the mid-fifties.The Fella's had a shop at the bottom
of Silksworth Row Bank and the Maggiore family had Louis' in Crowtree Road.
I also remember Tony Puggi (or Pucci) who had an icecream cart - the
forerunner of the icecream van!
Marie Kerr