ENG-DUR-SUNDERLAND-L Archives

Archiver > ENG-DUR-SUNDERLAND > 2005-09 > 1127161361

From: Sue McNelly <>
Subject: Location of William St, Tunstall?
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 14:22:41 -0600

Hello again,

With thanks to Shan I have been able to find my THOMAS family on the 1891
census. I have however not been able to find William Street at all! I
have been searching maps of the area of Tunstall, Silksworth, etc, and
can't seem to find any street even remotely like 'William'. On the 1881
census I followed the enumerator's route in Tunstall, from West Street, to
Seaham Street, past St Leonards School house, to John Street and supposedly
to William St. However both John and William Streets aren't on any maps
that I have looked at. I am wondering if anyone can help me pinpoint
William Steet, Tunstall??

Many thanks,
Sue
Colorado, USA