ENG-HAM-PORTSMOUTH-GOSPORT-L Archives

Archiver > ENG-HAM-PORTSMOUTH-GOSPORT > 2003-09 > 1063117550

From: Roger Lovell <>
Subject: Re: [PORTSMOUTH-GOSPORT] WILLIAM HENRY SANDON - Trade Directories Lookup
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 15:25:50 +0100

Hi Clive

Have you checked the 1901 census on line?

William Sandon aged 27 (ie dob 1873/4) born in Cosham was probably in
the Royal Navy in 1901 as he was on Sark as an "Arm Crew" - an
armourer. One of my relatives (Charles Lovell) was also on Sark as a
Leading Seaman.

In case you are not aware Sark is one of the Channel Islands.

In the 1900 Kelly's Directory (a general directory of Trades, Streets
and private citizens) there is a William Henry Sandon at 69 Powerscourt
Road, Landport (only a few streets south of Laburnum Avenue). Probably
your William's Dad?

Hope this adds to your info

Roger Lovell
Portsmouth UK