ENG-LAN-MIDDLETON-L Archives

Archiver > ENG-LAN-MIDDLETON > 2005-06 > 1119993684

From: JOHN HEYWOOD <>
Subject: Re: [ENG-LAN-MIDDLETON-L] Com. Lanc.
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 22:21:24 +0100 (BST)

Interesting: I still can't think it can be anything but Ald. Jere(miah) Barstow. Do you think 'd. of' or 'widow of' might have gone missing somewhere along the line? I'm pretty sure women were never allowed to be Aldermen until the 20th century.

Terry and Tracey <> wrote:Thnaks very much. However, I neglected to say that Jere. Ald is a female. Is
is written as the second wife of one of the people in the tree.

Sam. Foxcroft ==>2. Ald. Jere.
obt. 10 Oct 1713 Barstow of Leeds
s.p ob s.p. 20 Aug
1742.

I hope this emails OK.

Thanks again. It makes things so much clearer!

Foxy