ENG-LANCS-WOOLTON-MUCH-L Archives

Archiver > ENG-LANCS-WOOLTON-MUCH > 2001-08 > 0998268342

From: "Mike Calder" <>
Subject: Re: WOOLTON MUCH
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 10:45:42 +1000

G'day Brian and the list,

This bit in particular caught my eye.

> Nancy, I can send you photos, one showing Rose St, and another view of
Vale
> Road showing the bottom of Rose St.

But I now see having assembled this post that I was thinking of the "Rose
Fold" bit below.

Nevertheless FWIW and seeing that all 44 of us may be reading the list at
this time I thought it may be worth while again posting my WOOLTON interest.
James TUSON was one of my great grandfathers.

1. James TUSON

The parents of James TUSON are:

2. Thomas TUSON
3. Fanny WOODGER

James was born May 4, 1830 at Woolton, near Liverpool, England. On the
completion of his school days worked for some years under his father. (A
storekeeper)

James was christened May 30, 1830 at Woolton, near Liverpool, England.

Between June 23, 1852 and October 1, 1852 James travelled to Melbourne, VIC
by the "Hibernia". According to notes in "Ararat Cemetery Walk" pub.
20/10/1990, he was in the company of his sister Elizabeth and her husband
Thomas SMITH.

Note: He was to become prominent in the state of Victoria.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSNIPxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From the 1917 diary on N K Calder there were TUSON relatives living in
Preston, England to whom he wrote and received a reply in March 1917. The
address given in his diary is:- Mr W & E TUSON, 2 Rose Fold, Middle North
Penwortham, Preston England. There is also another address:- Mr John TUSON,
Saddler, Woolton, Near Liverpool, England.

Any of the above recognisable by anyone?

HURU

Mike CALDER
http://members.optushome.com.au/mikecalder/
Researching: CALDER, DIXON, TUSON, GRACIE
D&GFHS #2979

This thread: