ENG-LINCSGEN-L ArchivesArchiver > ENG-LINCSGEN > 2011-03 > 1300467666
From: "Anne Cole" <>
Subject: Re: [LIN] Knowledge
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 17:01:31 -0000
Show off :-)) There are 6 parishes in Stamford - I was transcribing from
the Workhouse minutes yesterday and the clerk had written "one of the 6
parishes in Stamford"! That includes St Martin, Stamford Baron in
Northamptonshire, of course.
I've never picked samphire, and my children are no longer teenagers. To be
pedantic, civil registration started in July 1837, in Stamford as well as
everywhere else in the UK and Wales.
Duncalf(e)/Duncuff/Duncuft One-name Study GOONS member 513
Lincolnshire Post 1837 Marriage Index
Lincolnshire Family History Society
[mailto:] On Behalf Of Nicola Pike
Sent: 18 March 2011 16:18
Subject: [LIN] Knowledge
1. If you were born in Lincolnshire, what color is your belly? *YELLOW
2. When did the Danes (Vikings) come for their long visit? *1100
YEARS AGO *
3. What frozen food is Great Grimsby noted for? *FISH*
4. What is a "gowt"?
*A DYKE OR SMALL CANAL THE TAKES WATER TO SEA*
5. What does the expression "Do You Come From Bardney?" mean? *YOU LEFT
THE DOOR OPEN*
6. Is your teenager Mardy or Nithered? Or both?
MARDY BUT IT WAS NITHERED THIS MORNING WALKING TO SCHOOL*
7. If you have a photo of an ancestor who was in the service and his cap
badge with "Egypt" on it, what does that mean?
*HE WAS IN THE LINCOLNSHIRE'S (REGIMENT)*
8. When was the last time you and your family gathered Samphire?
*LAST SEASON AT ......OH NOT TELL YOU THAT i DON'T LIKE TO SHARE!!
9. When was the last time you ate Frumenty?
*ABOUT 6 MONTHS AGO AT AN OLD LADIES IN THE VILLAGE*
10. When did Civil Registration start in Stamford?
*CHEATED WITH THIS ONE AND LOOKED IT UP 1837*
11. How many ecclesiastical parishes are in the Lincolnshire portion of
Stamford. *AND AGAIN 4 ME THINKS*
12. How many ecclesiastical parishes were there in Lincoln before the reign
Edward the Confessor?
*NEED TO GO BACK TO SCHOOL FOR
HISTORY .CHEATED 52*
To unsubscribe from the list, please send an email to
with the word 'unsubscribe' without the
quotes in the subject and the body of the message