ENG-LIVERPOOL-L Archives

Archiver > ENG-LIVERPOOL > 2000-09 > 0970185623

From: Maureen <>
Subject: [LIV] St.Saviours - Everton
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 11:00:23 +1100 (EST)

Hello Terry

I don't think St.Saviours is there anymore. I was raised in Premier
st for the first 2 years of my life, and St.Saviours was just over
the road. I was Christened in St.Saviours and my Mum and Dad were
married there, as too my cousin. Yes, it was a "high church of
England" - and a lovely church too. Many of my cousins went to
St.Saviours school too. My aunt,uncle and cousins lived in Premier st
until they resumed all the houses for demolition. Of course, this
was not in 1930. I think the other street was Downing St.

My grandparents lived in Danby st., which was not far from Premier
and off Heyworth st. Their surname was MACKLIN and had a big family
of 9 children...... my aunty's name was May McMAHON, but when her
first husband was killed in 2nd WW, she remarried and her surname was
RAMSEY. She had 2 children to first husband, Eileen and Derek (Derek
was apprenticed and worked with George Harrison!) Eileen was married
in St.Saviours also.

Regards Maureen

--- DAVID WALTON <> wrote: > Hi ALL, Terry wrote

http://sport.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Australia & NZ Sports
- Get the latest on the Olympics

This thread: