ENG-LIVERPOOL-L Archives

Archiver > ENG-LIVERPOOL > 2003-04 > 1051639065

From: Fred H Held <>
Subject: Re:[ENG-LIV] John Roe ELY of Liverpool
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 12:58:16 -0500

Maurie,

Your ELY family must have been real travellers Norfolk, Suffolk, and
Lancashire.

From the BIVRI-II
ELY, Rosa Elizabeth
Christening Date 29 Aug 1849 Bungay, Suffolk, England
Collection St Mary; BTs
Father John Roe ELY
Mother Charlotte
Source FHL Film 918667 Dates 1845 - 1857

From the online IGI files
ROSA ELIZABETH ELY
Christening 29 AUG 1849 Suffolk County BTs, Suffolk, England
Father JOHN ROE ELY
Mother CHARLOTTE

===============================
From the online 1881 BI Census

Name Relation Marital Status Gender Age Birthplace Occupation Disability
Maryann DRAPER Head U Female 83 Bungay, Suffolk,
England Retired Farmer
Hannah DRAPER Sister U Female 79 Bungay, Suffolk,
England Retired Farmer
Rosa Roe ELY Niece U Female 30 Bungay, Suffolk,
England Housekeeper
Mary Ann FLOOD Serv U Female 22 Ditchingham, Norfolk,
England General Serv
Dwelling Manor House Low Road
Census Place Shipmeadow, Suffolk, England
Family History Library Film 1341458
Public Records Office Reference RG11
Piece / Folio 1899 / 86
Page Number 1

John R. ELY Head W Male 53 Hedenham, Norfolk,
England Greengrocer & Fruiterer
Anna M. ELY Daur U Female 28 Bungay Holy Trinity, Suffolk,
England
Arthur ELY Son Male 11 Gt Yarmouth, Norfolk, England
Dwelling 124 Breckfield Rd North
Census Place Everton, Lancashire, England
Family History Library Film 1341879
Public Records Office Reference RG11
Piece / Folio 3670 / 105
Page Number 46

=============================
From the online FreeBMD

Marriages Jul-Sep 1848
Draper Charlotte Norwich 13 375
Ely John Roe Norwich 13 375

Births Jan-Mar 1870
ELY Arthur Yarmouth 4b 13

Births Jul-Sep 1853
Ely Anna Maria Wangford 4a 587

At 08:00 AM 4/29/03 -0600, you wrote:
>From: "Maurice Dear" <>
>Subject: [ENG-LIV] John Roe ELY of Liverpool
>
>In 1871, John lived at 20 Fountains Road, Kirkland, Liverpool and 8 Canton
>Street, Everton Road, Liverpool.
>He worked for a Greek firm of chandlers named Cassareltis & Co. delivering
>cotton seed all over England.
>In 1883 he was still working for that firm but his address was No. 3
>Epworth Street, Prescot Street, Liverpool.
>
>I am trying to trace his children, Rosa birthdate unknown, Anna born about
>1853 and Arthur born about 1870. Anna moved to New York, Rosa worked at
>Shipmeadow, Norfolk, with Arthur's whereabouts unknown.
>
>John's wife, Charlotte ELY, died 24 March 1878 and was interred in Anfield
>Cemetery on 27 March 1878.
>
>Can any lister help me trace this family please?
>
>Additionally, does anyone know the name and address of the Trustee of the
>Anfield Cemetery?
>
>Thanks.
>
>Maurie, Melbourne, Australia

This thread: