ENG-MANCHESTER-L Archives

Archiver > ENG-MANCHESTER > 2003-12 > 1071694757

From: "Mike Berrell" <>
Subject: Re: [ENG-MAN] Turner - 18 Broster Street, Salford - 1841
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 20:59:19 -0000

Directories:
1851 Wm Turner, mechanic 72 Broster St, Salford

1861 Wm Turner, mechanic 17 Blackburn's Blgs, Liverpool St, Salford

1871 Wm Turner, mechanic 14 Springfield Tce, Salford

1851 Census
Broster St - unable to find in census street index - parts of Salford were
not filmed due to flood damage. The M/c and Lancs FHS are trying to recover
whatever can be read and they will be published.

1861 Census
RG 9/2924 folio 47

17 Blackburn's Bldgs
James[sic] Turner Head Mar 28 Laborer in Iron Foundry Lancs Salford
Ann Turner Wife Mar 24 Cop Reeler Lancs Salford

1871 Census
RG 10/4020 folio 86
14 Springfield Tce - Fletcher family

Hope this helps a little.
Mike

> Hi Bryan,
>
> What a fortunate coincidence that Broster street was very near Durham
street
> (where my 3xggp's lived in 1841). I have checked the 1841 census for
> Broster street, and. about 8 families from the end appears:
>
> Wm Turner, m, age 30, Labourer, born in county
> Ann Turner, f, age 30, -, b.i.c.
> Eliz. do, f, age 6, -, b.i.c.
> Jos. do, age 2, -, b.i.c.
>
> Due the way some of the censuskeeperes marked age (up to the next 5 or -0)
> would suspect that Wm and Ann are perhaps 26 - 29 yrs of age.
>
> I can probably save the page in some format, them convert it to a .jpg so
> that you would have a copy as well... interested? (no charge, of course).
>
> Hmm, it seems to me that you could also get a birth cert for Joseph, since
> he appears to be born after the 2nd quarter of 1837. But then again, if
> Jos. isn't your ancestor, why bother... there won't be much extra info
that
> the '41 doesn't show, except that the mother's maiden name will be listed.
> Might open up another generation or two, and familysearch.com and the IGI
> will help a lot there; give me a shout back if this doesn't make a lot of
> sense, k?
>
> In the meantime, happy hunting and good luck in your search
>
> David Wightmore, Canada

This thread: