ENG-MANCHESTER-L Archives

Archiver > ENG-MANCHESTER > 2004-06 > 1087513792

From: "Barbara Reynolds" <>
Subject: (ENG-MAN) PETTENER
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 00:11:23 +0100

Hi everyone, As a newcomer to rootsweb lists, I didn't understand how they are organised, so when I
read some replies to my query, I pressed my pc "reply" button.I now realise I should be sendind replies to ENG-MANCHESTER.
Thanks to Mary Lou, David, Joanne, Ann,and Lynne for your information. The following is what I have:-

Susannah Pettener b 1848 at 30, Abram St, Hulme; parents Joseph & Ann (nee Glazebrook)
Susannah had a son James b 1870 at 85 Hall St Chorlton-on Medlock (father unknown)

1871 census : 85 Hall St: Joseph Pettener head 60yrs Oxton, Notts.
C-on-M Ann ,, wife 59 Fiskerton, Notts
Mary ,, daugh 27 Mansfield, Notts
Susannah ,, ,, 23 Manchester
Peter ,, son 19 Manchester
James ,, grandson 3mth Manchester

1874 - Mary died
1880- Joseph died

1881 census - had moved next door to 83 Hall St. and Ann, Susannah and James listed but not Peter.
We don't know anything more of Peter until his death was registered in 1911 by his son-in-law B.Blacker in Chorlton on Medllock. We cannot find any marriage registered but he obviously had a daughter.
Susannah d.1935 and her son James (my grandfather) d 1958
We think Joseph Pettener & family moved from Notts to Manchester after 1843 before1848 and that he possibly had 2 brothers William & James who also moved to Manchester , so could have
descendents .

This thread: