ENG-MANCHESTER-L Archives

Archiver > ENG-MANCHESTER > 2006-03 > 1142455932

From: "Alan Walsh" <>
Subject: Re: [ENG-MAN] Salford Map
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 20:52:12 -0000

Hi Virginia, There is a Cook St, not Cooke, on the 1915 Alan Godfrey map of
Manchester (NW) and Central Salford. It joined Chapel Street, roughly midway
between the Town Hall in Bexley Square and Blackfriars Rd.
It ran down one side of the Corporation Gas Works.

According to my Gazeteer, undated but thought ot be about 50 years old,
there is also another Cook Street. This one is or was in the Charlestown /
Pendleton area of Salford and situated between Orchard Street and Whit Lane.

Hope this is of some use. Maybe some other lsiter knows of a Cooke Street,
rather than Cook st.

Kindest Regards,

Alan in Westhoughton.