ENG-SFK-STOWMARKET-L Archives

Archiver > ENG-SFK-STOWMARKET > 2001-09 > 1000838147

From: "Dudley Diaper" <>
Subject: PURR 1891
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 19:35:47 +0100

Neil

I believe you have 1891 census returns for Stowmarket and surrounding villages. Could you look out for William and Lydia PURR? They were my gt gt grandparents, born 1846 and 1848, and lived until the 1920s. However, in 1891 I can only find their daughter Mary Jane PURR living with her grandmother Susan(na), in Great Finborough, both working as a laundress. I expected William and Lydia to be in Buxhall, but they aren't there either. If you come across William and Lydia in any other neighbouring parish I will be very grateful. I don't know if you use transcripts, or indexes? If it's an impossible task, say so.
Dudley.

This thread: