ENG-SHEFFIELD-L Archives

Archiver > ENG-SHEFFIELD > 2008-04 > 1208528923

From: "Dennis Flavell" <>
Subject: Re: [SHEFF] Handsworth woodhouse births LOWE - PLATTS etc.
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 15:28:43 +0100

Marea

I have LOWE's back from c1930 to 1776 in Calow, Chesterfield. My branch
were by 1930 living in Thurnscoe, South Yorkshire.

My PLATTS family were living at Clowne + Whitwell in N. Derbyshire c 1800.
By 1871 were in Harthill, Aston, Waleswood, Handsworth, Woodhouse Mill.
Later in Thurnscoe, Doncaster, Barnsley, Halifax, Ellend.

Other S.Yorks and N.Derby surname interests include :

CHAPMAN, CUTTS, DAYKIN, FLAVELL, GOTHARD, HALL, JACKSON, KITCHEN,
LUNN, MANGHAM, NEALE, PARKIN, PEAT, PEMBERTON (HEMBERTON), PROCTOR,
ROTHERFORTH, SALES or BEECH-SALES (in Handsworth). STEAD (Wath),
SIDEBOTTOM.

Regards

Dennis FLAVELL www.flavell.co.uk