ENG-SHROPSHIRE-PLUS-L Archives

Archiver > ENG-SHROPSHIRE-PLUS > 2002-06 > 1024236501

From: "David" <>
Subject: Re: [ENG-SHROP] 1881 look- up please
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2002 10:08:47 -0400

Hi Margaret,

This was the only Edgar Monk who came close to fitting, though he was a year
younger than you wanted. I searched for Robert Monk, since he may have gone
by his middle name, but there were no matches for the right age. BTW, I have
Monks in my family tree, but they're from Lincolnshire.

Dwelling: Sutton Wood
Census Place: Sutton Maddock, Shropshire, England
Source: FHL Film 1341633 PRO Ref RG11 Piece 2632 Folio 121
Page 8
Marr Age Sex Birthplace
Edgar MONK M 38 M Alvel, Shropshire, England
Rel: Head
Occ: Farmer 124 Acres Employing 1 Man 1 Boy
Louisa MONK M 37 F Claverley, Shropshire, England
Rel: Wife
Robert MONK U 17 M Bridgenorth, Shropshire, England
Rel: Son
Occ: Farmers Son
Edmund MONK 13 M Highley, Shropshire, England
Rel: Son
Occ: Scholar
Frederick MONK 10 M Highley, Shropshire, England
Rel: Son
Occ: Scholar
Mary MONK 9 F Highley, Shropshire, England
Rel: Daur
Occ: Scholar
Harriet MONK 6 F Kinlet, Shropshire, England
Rel: Daur
Occ: Scholar
Edgar MONK 3 M Kinlet, Shropshire, England
Rel: Son
Sidney HERBERT 15 M Claverley, Shropshire, England
Rel: Visitor
Sarah WHITEHOUSE U 15 F Madeley, Shropshire, England
Rel: Servant
Occ: Domestic Servant

David in Pennsylvania