ENG-SHROPSHIRE-PLUS-L Archives

Archiver > ENG-SHROPSHIRE-PLUS > 2004-02 > 1076557216

From: "Wild Life" <>
Subject: [ENG-SHROP] MACK/DOHERTY MI
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 11:40:26 +0800

Will SKS with access to Shropshire MIs or other relevant data please help me with look-up on Charles Edward DOGHERTY(? spelling) aka MACK. The last we heard of him was in July 1951 when he lived at 9 St.John's Hill, Ellesmere. I think he died not long after. I'm guessing he was born in the 1880's

My grandmother was not legally married to him but he was with her for some years in Lancashire and fathered two of her children including my mother, in 1910, and left her c.1916. We believe he wed in Liverpool earlier and his RC religion precluded a divorce,
He was reputedly born in Ireland, maybe Co.Cork; left home very young to join a circus ; travelled to Liverpool; adopted the surname MACK; went onstage as a magician and grandmother partnered him.

Rita in West OZ

This thread: